Summertime Drink Guide 2020
Admittedly, summer arrived arrived a little differently this year. But we have a lot of sunshine and good times to enjoy! The ultimate summer drink can elevate your experience to a whole other level. Whether you're into beer, wine, or cocktails, our Summer Drink Guide will help you discover some of our favorites. Without further ado, here is our summer drink playlist.
1. Cutwater Lime Margarita - This canned, ready-to-drink cocktail offers a floral aroma with a smooth finish that complements the mix of tart lime, pure cane sugar, and a hint of orange. Easy to transport and easy to drink. This checks off all the boxes for a summer time drink. Gluten Free and 12.5% ABV! Not a margarita fan? Check out the other incredible options from Cutwater including the Vodka Mule, Whiskey Tea, Gin and Tonic, and many more!
2. Commanderie de Peyrassol Cotes de Provence Rose - Founded by the Knights Templar in 1252, Château Peyrassol is the oldest continuously operating winery in Europe. Since 1252, they haven't missed a single vintage - through wars, droughts, and political unrest. Commanderie de Peyrassol was a place of rest for pilgrims on their way to the Holy Land – apart of a network of wineries that provided clean drinking water as well as sanctuary. Organic, unrefined, and unfiltered. You'll fall in love with this rosé.
3. Steel Dust Vodka - Handmade in Texas with a gold trim. Sound familiar? Save $6 (1.75L) off the mainstream brand and pick up this vodka instead. Crafted from locally-grown Texas corn and distilled 6 times using custom column stills and small batch copper pot stills for an impeccably smooth taste. Combine Steel Dust Vodka + Fever Tree Club Soda + a twist of lime and your glass will sing! Available in 1.75L and 750mL.
4. Mija Red and White Sangria - Mija is a craft sangria is made with 100% real, unfiltered fruit juice and premium wine, for a true homemade taste! Available in a red and white to please any palate. Ingredients include fresh blood orange, acaí, pomegranate juice, orange juice, guava, lime, and lychee. Serve chilled and delight your guests!
5. Truly Lemonade Variety 12 Pack - These are a game changer for the exploding hard seltzer category! Truly Lemonade is the perfect mix of refreshing hard seltzer and lemonade that's big on taste and low on calories. Only 100 calories, 1g sugar, 3g carbs, and gluten free. This pack includes Black Cherry Lemonade, Original Lemonade, Mango Lemonade, and Strawberry Lemonade Hard Seltzers. How good do those sound... yum!
6. East Rock Brewing Variety 12 Pack - East Rock Brewing Company is a small, family-owned brewery located in the heart of the East Rock neighborhood in New Haven. They use time-honored methods and imported ingredients to produce pure and crisp German-inspired beer. Painfully slow to make but a pleasure to drink. Fresher than an import and more approachable than a typical craft beer. East Rock recently released a variety pack of their popular lagers including the delicious Weisse Bier. A spectacular backyard BBQ sipper.
7. Weingut Groiss Gruner Veltliner 1L - This is an everyday wine that shines at only $9.99/bottle. Better yet, you're getting 33% more with this 1L bottle. Ripe, juicy pear notes on the nose continue to an appetizingly dry, bright, and fresh palate. A light, lovely picnic wine or a great pairing with seafood. Big time value and a crowd pleaser.
8. Corte Fiore Appassimento - Who said red wines can't make for a good summertime vino? This classic Italian red wine is made from Montepulciano grapes grown on the coastal vineyards of Abruzzo. The Appassimento technique is an old, traditional Italian winemaking method that involves partially drying grapes on the vine. This results in wines with greater concentration, body and texture, while remaining light and refreshing.
9. Overstone Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc - In a world where almost all the mainstream Marlborough Sauvignon Blancs taste the same, this one from Overstone really stands out. Ripe tropical and gooseberry fruit flavours with a zingy finish and impeccable balance. Smoother and not as heavy on the grapefruit citrus and grassiness as many other New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs. An incredible pick for any seafood or shellfish.
P.S. Don't forget the other necessities like RIPE bar juice mixes and Fever-Tree mixers!